Misty (also referred to as The Illusive Mystery) is a ninja alien hero who later revealed her true villainous side. She possesses ghostly psychic powers and advanced martial arts skills.
Misty's powers are primarily psychic in nature, with the ability to read and control others' minds, as well as an ability to turn into a cloud of ghostly mist. She also has advanced martial arts skills and is referred to as a ninja.
Misty makes her first appearance in "Teen Team Time," as a member of the Teen Team. As the Teen Team's is a parody of the Teen Titans of DC Comics, Misty is a rough analogue in powers and temperament to Raven. However, Misty has a bit of a mean streak — she doesn't like to relate to "normals", only does her heroics/villainy for pay.
In "Teenage Mutant Ninja Troubles", she attends Jenny's school but quickly gets expelled when she goes a little too far when pranking and getting revenge on the Crust Cousins, becoming megalomaniacal and sadistic.
Later, in "Mist Opportunities", she and Jenny clash and seem to become enemies when Misty reveals that she is actually quite villainous, greedy, reckless, uncaring, and cruel. She performs heroic deeds only if she is paid, and doesn't truly care about the citizens of Tremorton. She nearly let the city get completely destroyed by a monster, with absolutely no remorse, and became reckless, threatening to use a school bus full of children to slam the monster against a hospital building. Jenny and Misty get into a fight over this, with Misty nearly destroying Jenny out of anger. When Jenny sadly mentioned that she thought they were friends, Misty flew away in a huff, furiously stating that the only reason she doesn't destroy Jenny is because no one is paying her to do it. Misty is never seen again in the series after this.
Misty has a scrawny body, with pale lavender skin, purple hair and purplish-pink eyes. She wears purple and black karate clothes, with gloves and shinobi footings.
In Mist Opportunities her colour scheme changed (without explanation) to red hair, red eyes, red pants, orange sleeves, and tan skin.
Mischievious, hot-headed, reckless, violent, ghostly, selfish, greedy, megalomaniacal, sadistic, and easily offended.
Misty typically has a calm, cool, calculating demeanor, and tends to be overconfident in her abilities, as well as mischievous and vengeful once angered. She was a kind and loyal friend to Jenny when they first met in Teen Team Time, and enjoyed hanging out with her on Earth as teenage girls. However, when Misty returned in Teenage Mutant Ninja Troubles, she attended Jenny’s school and was picked on by the Crust Cousins, prompting her into starting a prank war with them that shortly grew out of hand due to Misty’s vengeful nature. Misty showed a dark, sadistic and cruel side of herself in this episode, proving to be a megalomaniacal bully. She invaded Brit and Tiff’s minds in order to exploit their worst fears, giving them nightmares in the process (whilst laughing evilly), then mercilessly tormenting them later at school in attempt to get revenge and frighten them. For this, she was expelled by the principal of Tremorton High. In her ruthless, power-hungry quest to get revenge on the Crusts, Misty was also a bad influence on Jenny, encouraging her to join her in tormenting Brit and Tiff, which Jenny later regretted when she realized how much of a bully Misty had become. Misty’s cruel, vengeful, and hot-headed behavior worsened in Mist Opportunities, when she became truly villainous, reckless, selfish, and greedy, refusing to defend the people of Tremorton and do her duties as a “hero” unless she was paid. She became Jenny’s enemy after viciously beating her up, threatening that she would have destroyed her if she was paid to do it.
Powers and Abilities
- Mist Mimicry: Misty's main superpower is her ghostly ability to transform parts or all of her body completely into mist/smoke at will. She can use this form to cushion a fall. In this form, she cannot be physically hurt.
- Mind Reading: She can use her ghostly powers to literally get inside the minds of people, robots, and animals to know what they are thinking and discover their biggest fears. She can also induce nightmares, as seen in Teenage Mutant Ninja Troubles.
- Flight: She can fly and levitate while assuming her smoke form, as well as her normal form.
- Mist Teleportation: She can appear and dissappear in her mist form.
- Superhuman Strength: She is strong enough to kick anything faraway and through a building with ease, lift a massive monster over her head, and even pick up a fully-occupied school bus with only one hand.
- Superhuman Durability: She can withstand a punch in the face with only a black eye.
- Healing: She can turn into smoke to heal any wound in seconds.
- Interstellar Travel: She can travel across interstellar distances at incredible speeds.
- Space Adaptation: She can survive in outer space unaided. She can withstand cosmic radiation and the lack of air.
- Self Sustenance: She does not need to breathe in outer space.
- Water Walking: She can run and walk on water.
- Enhanced Agility
- Enhanced Reflexes and Flexibility
- Martial Artist: She is an expert in an alien martial arts style, and is known to be a ninja.
- Jenny and Misty seemed to have become enemies since Misty viciously fought with Jenny and then left Earth after in the episode Mist Opportunities. Due to the discontinuation of the series, it was never revealed what became of Misty, or her former friendship with Jenny.
- Not only was Misty the only female member of the Teen Team (not counting Jenny), she is the only member to stick around for two additional episodes after the Teen Team broke up.